Trash Pickup & Information
The Borough contracts with Advanced Disposal for Garbage collection and pickup is on Friday each week.
Current Trash/Garbage Rates as of January 1, 2020 are as follows:
|Senior Citizen Residential*||$26.77/Bi-Monthly|
|Businesses||$32.40 to $62.32 Bi-Monthly|
Garbage Pick-Up restrictions:
- Garbage must be in cans or in plastic bags.
- Residents are limited to Eight – 35 Gallon size bags. Keep in mind if the bag is too heavy for you to pick up comfortably the driver most likely will leave it there.
- Garbage pick-up is limited to normal household refuse.
- Residents who have large items such as mattresses, appliances, etc, must contact Advanced Disposal at 1-814-297-6114 to arrange a special pick up. There will be an additional $10.00 charge per item.
- PA residents cannot put electronics on the curb for normal waste pickup – this includes putting them in a dumpster. Advanced Disposal offers disposal of some limited electronic items. Here is a list of items along with the cost per each item for disposal. Items must be taken to their Clarion County Transfer Station. click here.
Utility bills are prepared and mailed bimonthly (every two months) for Water, Sewer & Trash.
Water/sewer/trash bills can be paid at the Borough office – 631 Elm Street, Tionesta, or mailed to PO Box 408, Tionesta, PA 16353.
* Senior Citizen Definition is anyone 62 years of age or older